Pursuant to Governor Newsom's Executive Orders N-29-20 and N-33-20, and to do all we can to help slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus):
- Meetings of the Monterey City Council and its Boards and Commissions will be conducted with virtual (electronic) participation only. Members of the public may watch the live stream of the City Council and Boards and Commission meetings at https://www.youtube.com/cityofmonterey (up to 10 second delay) or on television on Channel 25 (up to 90 second delay). The YouTube live stream has the shortest delay and is recommended for anyone wishing to provide public comment (see details below).
- BEFORE EACH MEETING, members of the public may participate by submitting comment(s) to email@example.com from an email account or a cell phone's texting app until ½ hour before the start of the meeting. These emails and text messages will be shared with the Council or relevant Board or Commission prior to the start of the meeting, but will not be read aloud during the meeting. All comments received will become part of the record.
- DURING EACH MEETING, members of the public may participate by calling and speaking live during the designated time(s), subject to time limits that may be imposed pursuant to the Brown Act. To provide public comment:
- Please follow along with the meeting on the YouTube live stream, as it has the shortest delay, and only call when the public comment period is announced.
- When the public comment period is announced, call the telephone number that will be provided on-screen and announced by the Mayor, then enter #.
- You will be muted upon joining the call.
- Enter *5 to "raise your hand." When it is your turn to speak, you will be unmuted. Please remember to turn the sound off on your television or computer when it is your turn to talk (or as soon as you call in). Leaving your television or computer on will cause interference with the broadcast and the audience will not be able to hear you.
- Between comment periods, please hang up the phone. If you wish to comment on another item, please call back when the public comment period is announced.